2020/08/14

5-year old shot and killed

Image Source: CNN


A 25-year-old man has been charged with first-degree murder. He shot and killed a 5-year-old boy, this incident took place in Wilson, North Carolina.

Father of the



deceased, Austin Hinnant told CNN that he was inside his house when the deceased, Cannon, was playing outside and was shot. He said he ran outside, carried the injured child and held him in his arms screaming 'somebody help me, please help me save my son.

Hinnant said he looked up and saw his neighbor, Darius Sessoms, in the yard next door with a gun in hand, pacing and nervous.

"I was looking at him as I was picking up Cannon, and I was so full of rage, but I could not leave my son's side," he said. "I just wanted to be with my son."


The Wilson Police Department said officers were sent to the 5100 block of Archers Road on August 9 in reference to a shooting and found a 5-year-old suffering a gunshot wound, who later died at a nearby hospital.

Police identified Sessoms as a suspect and arrested him after he was found Monday in a Goldsboro residence about 30 minutes south of Wilson. It is unclear if Sessoms has an attorney.


No comments:

Post a Comment